If you want to know what information we collect and hold about you, please write to us at: Crossroads Care Wokingham, Wokingham Community Hospital, 41 Barkham Road, Wokingham, RG41 2RE.
We may collect Information about you when you request any information about us or our services, submit your personal details and/or complete any forms on the website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal data via the website is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our web site. This includes information provided at the time of submitting your contact details, completing application forms for job vacancies or graduate recruitment schemes or requesting further information about our services.
• Information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type.
• Details of your visits to our web site and the pages and resources that you access.
The Information we collect about you may be used to:
• send you further details of our services
• contact you in response to any general or specific enquiries made by you
• process any application submitted by you in connection with any job vacancy
• send you information about recent developments in areas in which you have expressed an interest
• automate certain functions on our website; and/or
• ensure content from our web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
Cookies on our website
Cookies are small files which websites store on your computer and which contain various types of information about your visit to a website. They are not viruses or malicious software but they are generally aimed at providing you with a good experience when browsing a site by, for example, remembering your preferences so that you do not need to reset them every time you visit the website.
Cookies can record information about how you browse the internet. They can therefore be used by websites to advertise goods and services which, based on your browsing history, are similar to goods and services which you have previously searched online. This is why some users reject or delete cookies.
Cookies normally expire after a length of time which can vary from a few minutes to more than a year. Some cookies are ‘session cookies’ which are deleted when you close your internet browser or after a period of inactivity. Others are ‘persistent cookies’ which remain on your computer until their expiration date.
We do not store cookies on your computer without your consent, unless they have the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of communications or they are strictly necessary for providing an online service.
You may restrict or block cookies which are set by any website through your browser settings. Your browser settings also allow you to clear your browsing history and delete cookies. Information about how you can do this can be found on this link https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies. Mobile devices may have their own settings and you need to refer to the manual of the device.
Please note that restricting or disabling cookies may impact the functioning of parts of our website.