How will my donation help?
All donations received by Crossroads Care Wokingham are used to develop our services to carers. We invest heavily on training our staff so that our carers receive the best care and support available
Crossroads selected for Co-op Local Community Fund
We’re thrilled to let you know that the Crossroads Care Wokingham “Memory Lane” project has been chosen for the current round of the Co-op Local Community Fund.
We have asked for help to provide our support workers with reminiscence based aids and prompts for people with dementia. These will be used to share memories, recapture the emotions and feelings attached to those memories, improve communication and enable people with dementia to have fun.
How does it work?
Between April to October 2017, for all Co-op members:
- 1% of everything you spend on Co-op products and services goes into your membership account
- You can then choose (by logging onto your membership account or calling the membership contact centre) to give your 1% to one of three causes in your community, or any of the 4,500 causes identified across the UK
- You can change your mind at any time. If you don’t choose at all your 1% will be split between the three causes equally.
Money from the sale of 5p Co-op carrier bags and their reusable bag range will also be used to ‘top up’ the funding for each cause.
To find out more and/or to apply to be a member (which only costs £1) see: www.coop.co.uk/membership
Please don’t forget to choose our Memory Lane project (click here) as ‘your cause’ so that we can help out many more carers in need!
easyfundraising – is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online, from your weekly shop, car insurance, mobile phone to your annual holiday, you can be collecting free donations for Crossroads Care Wokingham?
There are over 3,000 shops linked up to easyfundraising, this includes Amazon, John Lewis, Waitrose, Debenhams, Aviva, thetrainline, ebay, Clarks, Aviva, 02 and Sainsbury’s. Depending on the shop/store a percentage of what you have spent (e.g. Clarks – up to 5%, Waitrose – up to £2.50, Expedia – up to 6%, Amazon – up to 1.5%) will be donated to enable us to offer more respite breaks to local carers.
How to do it
- Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/crossroadscarewokingham and register your account. If you have a smart phone or a tablet then download the FREE easyfundraising app from the App Store or Google Play Store and follow the instructions on screen.
- YOU will need to remember every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising using that link first to find the website you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out from your purchase, the retailer will make a donation to Crossroads for no extra cost whatsoever.
For a 60 second beginners guide on how easyfundraising works see: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/raise-more/videos/
Organise your own event
There are hundreds of ways you can raise money for Crossroads Care Wokingham to help to make a difference to carers in the Wokingham & Bracknell Forest Boroughs. From organising a quiz, karaoke night or holding a coffee morning, through to walking, running and even skydiving!
To find out more or to discuss your ideas, call us on 0118 979 5324 or send us an email.
If you represent a local company big or small and would like to help, please get in touch (see Current Supporters).
Fundraising by Crossroads Care Wokingham
Thanks to the hard work of our own Trustee Julia Tredwell, two events have been held to raise much needed funds for our work.
The first Crossroads Quiz was held in February 2017 raising a fantastic £380.79. For every £20 of that total Crossroads can now offer an hours break to a carer in need.
Simply write a cheque payable to Crossroads Care Wokingham and send to:
Crossroads Care Wokingham
Wokingham Community Hospital
41 Barkham Road
Wokingham RG41 2RE