How will my donation help?
All donations received by Crossroads Care Wokingham are used to develop our services to carers. We invest heavily on training our staff so that our carers receive the best care and support available
easyfundraising – is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online, from your weekly shop, car insurance, mobile phone to your annual holiday, you can be collecting free donations for Crossroads Care Wokingham?
There are over 3,000 shops linked up to easyfundraising, this includes Amazon, John Lewis, Waitrose, Debenhams, Aviva, thetrainline, ebay, Clarks, Aviva, 02 and Sainsbury’s. Depending on the shop/store a percentage of what you have spent (e.g. Clarks – up to 5%, Waitrose – up to £2.50, Expedia – up to 6%, Amazon – up to 1.5%) will be donated to enable us to offer more respite breaks to local carers.
How to do it
- Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/crossroadscarewokingham and register your account. If you have a smart phone or a tablet then download the FREE easyfundraising app from the App Store or Google Play Store and follow the instructions on screen.
- YOU will need to remember every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising using that link first to find the website you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out from your purchase, the retailer will make a donation to Crossroads for no extra cost whatsoever.
For a 60 second beginners guide on how easyfundraising works see: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/raise-more/videos/
Helps local charities to raise money through online fundraising, this sometimes includes match funding e.g. Grow Your Tenner.
To make a donation please see our page.
Organise your own event
There are hundreds of ways you can raise money for Crossroads Care Wokingham to help to make a difference to carers in the Wokingham & Bracknell Forest Boroughs. From organising a quiz, karaoke night or holding a coffee morning, through to walking, running and even skydiving!
To find out more or to discuss your ideas, call us on 0118 979 5324 or send us an email.
If you represent a local company big or small and would like to help, please get in touch (see Current Supporters).
Fundraising by Crossroads Care Wokingham
Thanks to the hard work of Julia Tredwell, our Fundraising Trustee, two further events have been held to raise much needed funds for our work.
- As part of the Carers Trust’s Big Breakfast carers awareness initiatives in November 2018 we held our own Best Breakfast, raising £472 towards our End of Life Care Project.
- The Christmas Raffle 2017 raised £114 to offer respite breaks to those most in need.
Our second Crossroads Quiz, held at Sand Martins Golf Club on 20th April 2018 raised a wonderful £610 helping us to provide much needed breaks to local carers looking after someone with a life-limiting illness.
Find out more here.
Simply write a cheque payable to Crossroads Caring for Carers Wokingham and send to:
Crossroads Care Wokingham
Wokingham Community Hospital
41 Barkham Road
Wokingham RG41 2RE