Responsible for supporting both adults and their carers who need help to maintain their independence and to stay well.
- Wokingham Borough Council Adult Care Services
Tel: 0118 974 6772, Email: email@example.com
- Bracknell Forest Council Adult Care Services
Tel: 01344 351500, Make an enquiry
- Wokingham Adult Community Mental Health Team Tel: 0118 989 0707 (existing users)
- Bracknell Forest Adult Community Mental Health Team Tel: 01344 823333
For all new referrals and re-referrals after 6 months contact the Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust Common Point of Entry (CPE) on Tel: 0300 365 0300
- Wokingham Older Adults Mental Health Team Tel: 01189 495101
Dementia Care Advisor (over 65) Michelle Gilbert firstname.lastname@example.org
Dementia Care Advisor (under 65) Gill Stokes email@example.com
CHILDREN’S SOCIAL CARE
Responsible for providing support to children/young people with disabilities and their parents/families.
- Wokingham Borough Council Children & Families
Tel: 0118 974 6890 or Email Iddservice@wokingham.gov.uk
- Bracknell Forest Council Children & Young People
Tel: 01344 352020. Make an enquiry
- Local Authorities Emergency Duty Service
Available to help with any personal or family problems that reach crisis out of hours and cannot wait until the next day.
Monday to Friday 5pm to 9am, weekend days, public holidays. Tel: 01344 786 543
- Emergency Respite Schemes
A Carers Emergency Respite scheme can help a carer who is worried about what would happen to the cared for person if they were involved in an emergency or taken ill.
Following an assessment an emergency plan is completed and short term emergency respite can be put into place.
– Wokingham Back Me Up Service: Tel: 0118 9795324 or email to register.
– Bracknell Forest Carers Emergency Respite Scheme: Tel: 01344 351500 or
Email: Adult.Services@bracknell-forest.gov.uk to register.
ADVICE AND INFORMATION FOR CARERS
Personalised information and support services for local carers.
LOCAL CARERS ORGANISATIONS
- Wokingham Carers Hub
Tel: 0118 324 7333, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bracknell Forest Signal4Carers
Tel: 01344 266 088, Email: email@example.com
- Reading & West Berkshire Carers Hub
Tel: 0118 324 7333, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NATIONAL CARERS ORGANISATIONS
- Carers Trust
Provides information, advice and support services to anyone facing the challenges brought on by being an unpaid carers.
Tel: 0300 772 9600, Email: email@example.com
- Carers UK
At the forefront of providing advice and information and extending and campaigning for Carers Rights.
Tel: 0808 808 7777 or Make an enquiry
- Alzheimer’s Society
Is the leading support and research charity for people with dementia, their families and their carers. Local Service Office Tel: 0118 959 6482 or to find a service near you please go to Dementia Connect.
- Macmillan Cancer Support
Support for people diagnosed with cancer and their families. Tel: 0808 808 00 00
- Citizens Advice
Provide free, independent and confidential advice to help people resolve their financial, legal and other problems. Also work to improve policies and practices that affect people’s lives.
– Wokingham Citizens Advice Tel: 0300 330 1189
– Bracknell & District Citizens Advice Tel: 0344 411 1306
- Wokingham & Bracknell Mencap
The ‘voice of learning disability’ in the Wokingham and Bracknell Forest Borough areas providing advice, information and support.
Tel. 0300 777 8539, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Information and support to make sure no one has to face a mental health problem alone. Tel: 0300 123 3393
- Parkinson’s UK
Offers information, friendship and support to local people with Parkinson’s disease, their families and carers. Tel: 0808 800 0303.
– Wokingham: Local Adviser – Tel: 0344 225 3677,
– Bracknell: Local Adviser – Tel: 0344 225 3676,
Works to make this country a place where people with a physical impairment, learning disability or any other condition have the same opportunities as everyone else. Tel: 0808 800 3333
- Stroke Association
The UK’s leading stroke charity providing support services and conducting research to change the world for people affected by stroke. Tel: 0303 3033 100
For details of local support group meetings click here.
Clinical Commissioning Groups
Responsible for commissioning (buying-in) and managing most hospital and community health care services.
- Wokingham CCG
Tel: 0118 929 9469, ext 3487
- Bracknell & Ascot CCG
Tel: 01753 636840, Email: Eastberksccgs.firstname.lastname@example.org
The independent consumer champion for health and social care.
- Healthwatch Wokingham
Tel: 0118 418 1 418, Email: email@example.com
- Healthwatch Bracknell Forest
Tel: 01344 266 911, Contact: here.
- Frimley Park Hospital Tel: 01276 604604
- Prospect Park Hospital Tel: 0118 960 5933
- Royal Berkshire Hospital Tel: 0118 322 5111
- Wokingham Community Hospital Tel: 0118 949 5000
Problems such as anxiety, depression, stress and phobias are very common. Talking Therapies is a friendly and approachable service that helps people with problems such as anxiety, depression, stress and phobias. You can refer yourself directly by completing the online form or you can make contact by Tel: 0300 365 2000 or email.
Please let us know if there are other links you think will be useful.
Note: Crossroads Care Wokingham cannot take responsibility for the content of pages linked from this website which are maintained by external providers.