[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_single_image image=”124″ img_size=”980×350″][vc_column_text]
Crossroads Care Wokingham provides short breaks for unpaid family carers to give them ‘Me Time’. We come into your home, step into your shoes and give you a break from the day-to-day stresses of caring. This might be for a short period or longer, for an overnight stay or a weekend …we’re flexible …it’s all about what you need.
Taking a break in this way takes off the pressure off you. It gives you time-out for yourself, e.g. for a game of golf or a cup of tea with your friends. This makes it possible to re-connect with your family and friends, clubs and societies and to go back to or remain in employment. Above all, it gives you a life beyond caring!
For people with care needs, we will engage them with meaningful activities to enhance their quality of life. This might be going out for a walk, visiting interesting places or café, pursuing a hobby or simply enjoy the fresh air in an open environment. For people with limited mobility or severe health condition, we can bring outdoor activities to indoor so that they could enjoy their life to full suivez ici.
We also provide covers for carers to attend appointments or in an emergency crisis situation.
We welcome both regular or ad hoc bookings which can be pre-booked or at short notice.
How we do it
We have an open referral system. Once a referral is received, we will visit you and the person you care for to discuss your needs and design a tailored made service to meet the aspirations and requirements of yourself and the person you care for.
We will allocate one of our professionally trained carer support workers, to take over you caring role, either on a regular or ad hoc basis, as agreed. Our carer support workers are vetted by the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) and they are competent in a wide range of practical care. They also have a deep understanding of the physical and emotional stresses as a result of caring and the frustration experienced by the people with care needs.
Our aim is to give you peace of mind whilst you enjoy your well earned break.
What services do we provide?
We offer a wide range of services for all age groups, disabilities or health conditions at the day and time of your choice. To find out more about our dedicated services click on one of the links below:
- 1:1 Home Based Respite Breaks
- Call & Care Service, including basic homecare
- Companionship including social outings or accompanying the people with care needs and their carers for family celebrations
- Overnight Service
- Emergency Cover for Appointments or Crisis
- Specialists Services, e.g. Carers of people with life limiting or end of life illnesses, Support for children with disabilities & families service, Dementia/Alzheimer’s care service
All services include personal care, where appropriate, such as assistance with bathing, dressing and undressing, continence management. Other practical tasks include feeding and nutrition, administration of medication, assistance with mobilisation, light household duties and support of rehabilitation and development programs (under the instruction of professionals).
We strive for excellence and continuously develop new services. Whatever situations that you are in, just call us to discuss and we may be able to help you.
Why choose us
We embody professionalism with a human face, respecting individuality, dignity, choice independence and safety of carers and the people they care for.
Our 5Cs qualities:
- Carers led – Carers and the person they care for are at the heart of our services. We promote carers partnership; encourage carers to be in control with choices and independence.
- Competency – We provide both mandatory trainings, as required by CQC, and specialist trainings. Our carer support workers are both knowledgeable of and skilful in a wide range of health conditions and disabilities.
- Consistency – Our service is of high quality with regular review and monitoring systems in place.
- Continuity – We provide the same carer support worker to the carer throughout his/her caring journey.
- Competitive – Our rates are highly competitive should carers wish to purchase their own care packages.
Do you need to pay?
As a carer, you may be entitled to our free service funded by the local council or by charitable trusts. You may like to purchase our service through self – funding or using a Personal Budget, if you have been given the money by your social worker.
If you are in receipt of an Individual Service Fund, we are happy to manage this fund on your behalf for the use of our services. To find out more please call us on 0118 979 5324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We care for people not for profit
To find out more please select one of the specialist service boxes here.